Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Art by Oklahoma Abstract Contemporary Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy

part of "Lullaby" painting
While working on my upcoming solo show September 5th at the Sweet Earth Studio in Shawnee, Oklahoma, I'm going to show little sections of paintings- spoilers in a sense, until the time the show opens when I'll reveal the set as a whole and complete.
The name of the show is "Rhythm and Hooves" with a theme of music and dance. One of the quieter and more relaxing pieces takes us to a grassy field with dainty purple flowers where a foal sleeps. This snippet is from the acrylic painting "Lullaby". I enjoyed this one especially for the calm feeling I felt while working on it. I absorbed and released the quiet, centered and at peace emotions while working on this little baby. All cares evaporate when you see this little ones innocence.

Jonelle T. McCoy
McCoy's Gaited Horse Artworks
Your Equine Art Connection! 
mccoysartworks@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment